Complain to Government Agencies

Spreading B6 toxicity awareness is a key to future regulation of the vitamin.

There are a few ways to complain to the entities that control the regulation of vitamins. The first way is to report the information in the regulatory agency’s complaint section in their website. In the United States, the complaint goes to the FDA. The following links will take you directly to the FDA’s complaint section to file a complaint on vitamin B6. We encourage EVERYONE to do this.

Contact FDA

Adverse Event or Serious Problem Complaint to FDA

The second way is more aggressive but very effective. The goal is to get a well written letter to the FDA Commissioner, Robert M. Califf M.D. The way to do so is to Federal Express a letter to him. This overnight letter at least gets to the Executive Correspondence Team. The mailing address is 10903 New Hampshire Avenue, Silver Springs, MD 20993. In the future, we will have a letter that you can download for this purpose.

Lastly, in the United States, the Food and Nutrition Board of the National Academies of Sciences, Engineering, and Medicine sets the Recommended Dietary Allowances (RDAs) and ULs for vitamin B6 and other nutrients. So I would recommend contacting them with your concerns about the vitamin B6 UL being too high. Here is their contact information:

Website: https://www.nationalacademies.org/fnb/food-and-nutrition-board

Contact form: https://www8.nationalacademies.org/pa/managerequest.aspx?key=HMD-FNB-21-P-406

Email: contact@nas.edu

In Australia, the complaint goes to the Therapeutic Goods Administration. You can file a complaint on their website here.

TGA Article: Peripheral neuropathy with supplementary vitamin B6 (pyridoxine)

We also have links to other international government agencies and organizations that regulate vitamins. Please, file a complaint with the agency in your country.

Copyright © 2014 - 2023 B6 Toxicity, LLC